Longwood and Frid Streets
Site: Hamilton, Ontario — within the West Hamilton Innovation District.
Program: Create a streetscape masterplan for a pedestrian friendly environment, showcasing local business operations, innovations and activities and get approval from the Hamilton City Council for its implementation.
Process: Numerous site visits to document and gather information. Interviews with landowners and stakeholders. Working with city designers and engineers to shape a masterplan document. Leading technical team meetings comprising various stakeholders from the city and business community. Presented the document to the community, and synthesized the input into the masterplan document.
At left: Building massing study of Frid Street, Sketchup.
1. Extension of Frid Street into Longwood Street. Graphic done in AutoCAD and Illustrator.
2. Traffic flow analysis. Graphic in AutoCAD and Illustrator.
3. Frid Street spatial study. Hand sketch
4. Frid Street vegetation and streetscape concept. Hand sketch.
5. Frid Street design concept. AutoCAD.
6. Longwood Street pedestrian feature concept, including raingardens and vertical vegetation structures. AutoCAD w/hand sketch overlay.
7. Frid Street cross section concept: AutoCAD.
8. Frid Street cross section concept: AutoCAD
9. Longwood street concept plan: Sketchup
10. Frid Street: Intersection concept: Sketchup
11. Longwood Street cross section concept: Sketchup.
12. Longwood Street cross section concept: Sketchup.
13. Longwood Street concept plan: Sketchup.